baxi 105e zero pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a baxi 105e for about 10 years and no major problems in that time and always had it regularly serviced. about 3-4 weeks ago it had an annual service and only problem was that the discharge pipe outside had a continual drip and the guy checked it and sorted it so no longer any drip.

yesterday put the shower on and got no hot water, checked the boiler and pressure was on zero, in the past if its been low i just turn the tap underneath and problem solved but this time that had no effect and when the tap is turned the pressure remains at zero all the time.

then the fault light for no pressure of problem with fan started to flash. if you turn the hot water on slowly and give it time then it seems to be ok and works but pressure still remains at zero and never increases. today again we had the same issue and its just very hit and miss with hot water. tried the central heating to see if that works and boiler comes on and goes through the full cycle but radiators just dont seem to heat up and boiler is making a high pitch noise which ive never been aware of before !

any ideas on why pressure is zero and how i go about increasing it or what the probelm may actually be ? thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Kevin, your drawings are getting better. Are you competing with Chris?

Did not think you had a Vaillant VCW in you neck of the woods.

kev - tried that but it doesnt do anything, the pressure remains on zero. also, in the past when ive turned that tap you can hear it opening but now when i turn it nothign happens at all

Sponsored Links
problem sorted ! just had a look again and where the filling loop was connected to the cold water inlet pipe there was a valve just above the loop and that had been closed off so when i was turning tap on loop it obviously wouldnt do anything ! as soon as i opened the valve the pressure shot straight up.

guess the guy that came out closed it for some reason and forgot to reopen it !!

yeah so i gather, ive just read that somewhere else.

makes me curious as to why for the past 10 years nobody has ever shut it off before when ive had the boiler serviced every year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back