Baxi Combi 130 HE - DHW flow problems

cdg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a place with a 4 yo (ish) Baxi 130 HE. It seems ok on the CH and the DHW for the shower also seems ok (given a bit of patience) but being able to get a sink full of hot water for washing up or a bath is virtually impossible.

Throttling the taps back seems to get the water hot enough for a shave but it's no joy for the bath as the demand cuts off and goes cold.

Any ideas?

The DHW temp is set to 55c (max) and the water coming into the property must be fairly bl00dy cold at the moment (around 4c maybe).

Sponsored Links
Could be any amount of things!
Plate heat exchanger needs checking for restrictions/blockage first
then....

If there's nothing easier than that to try first I'll get HeatTeam out then.

There's a combimate fitted (but it seems to be to the house main rather than the boiler specifically) but I don't know how old it is.

The boiler pressure when cold is just above 1 but was very low after we moved in. The missus reckons it was easier getting the hot water prior to me bleeding the radiators which had patently never been done.

Would Heateam descale/replace heat exchangers in the fixed price though?
Not an expensive job anyway - watch the cost.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris, may try a local chap instead then.

In the London area we would charge about £136 inclusive in case that helps you but in your area it should be considerably less as you dont have London traffic and parking problems to contend with.

Tony

Is that working on the premise of replacing or cleaning/repairing the HE Agile? Guess that doesn't include a replacement combimate either or does it? Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back