Baxi Combi 130 HE obsolete part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am new to this site and forums in general but i am really hoping someone can help.
We have had the above boiler for about 13 years and it has been insured and repaired by baxi ever since.
Last Wednesday a Baxi engineer came out to repair a water leak from the unit (just dripping at the time). The engineer didn't stay long and informed us that the unit was old and the part we needed was obsolete, so he couldn't do anything.
Whilst we have been waiting to see what the insurance companies reply would be, I have been looking and ringing around for the part in case anyone has it still in stock, but, have not been successful.
The part is number 64 on the parts list, part number 510-8879 Kit pipe flow.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could try and get this part?
The water leak has since got so bad that we have had to turn the water off to it, so we now have no heating or water.
Many thanks for any help with this, I really can't afford the expense of a new boiler at the moment.

Thanks
Helen

Sponsored Links
It is really and truly obsolete I'm afraid, the only way you'll get one is to keep an eye out on eBay for someone trying to sell off the same boiler as you have, but that's not going to get you sorted any time soon.

Alternatively it might be worth having the pipe removed and investigating whether it can be repaired, which would at least get you up and running for now and give you time to save up a bit. It's a shame you've thrown all your money into a boiler insurance scheme - if you'd kept it in your own bank account you'd almost certainly be able to afford a new boiler by now.

Find out whether Flow Energy are operating in your area - they can offer a finance package for you on a Flow ECO RF

thank you for your reply I will take a look. Currently ringing every supplier I can find just in case they have one.

You could ask for it to be removed and then see if you could get it repaired, worst case is it may need rebrazing. It will be fairly time consuming and pricey though to pay someone to remove, someone else to repair then another visit to replace. Is the leak on the pipe or a seal?. If the copper is pinholed I cut a slip coupler in just over half lengthways so it clips on over the hole and solder.

Sponsored Links
Hi just had an independent engineer out. He said the pipe needs to be rebrazed but he doesn't think that the copper will be good enough and also it's were another part comes off it so there won't be room to do anything else.
Looks like I am getting quotes for a new boiler.
Thanks anyway.

Thanks all.
We are getting a new boiler just too cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back