Obsolete Halstead GWA46W gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!!! I am desperate to obtain a gas valve for a Halstead GWA46W warm air unit. I believe the part number is 850509, the GC number of the part is 392757. The gas valve is manufactured by Eurosit.
Now I realise that this part is obsolete the warm air unit has 1986 on the data badge but could anyone point me in the right direction to find one?
I have been trawling through Google for 2 days, without any success.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I did see that gas valve on another website but disregarded it as the part number although similar was not a match.
Do you think this valve can be used? I will ring Glen Dimplex to clarify.
Thanks again.

How do you know that it has actually failed? What is the resistance of the solenoid?

I hope that its going to be fitted by a gas registered person who is registered for Warm Air!

Sponsored Links
Don't worry we are installers and yes we are qualified to work on warm air.
We have fitted a new flue to the unit and found the gas valve faulty during the commision. I really don't want to say to our customer that they need a new boiler/system or a replacement warm air unit after carrying out the flue work. Any help on tracking down the said part would be greatly appreicated.

Don't think that valve has a solenoid coil but is purely mechanical.I recall no fan on the unit either and relied on convected air.I have seen them converted to 240v gas valve with a room stat to control temperature,but you lose the modulating facility of the current valve.This is RGI work and these open flued heaters have safety issues.Get it done properly.

This is the modulating valve isnt it? - with the thermostat phial purched in a metal harness on the rear LHS of the unit?

I have a couple of 2nd hand ones kicking around my lock-up (whole burner assy) with new t/leads and pilot injectors just incase I came across one that I needed in an emergency.

Mr. W.

Thanks MisterDubya, I am hoping you may have the solution to the problem. I would really like to speak with you, I will send you a message to discuss further, thanks again.

Detailed discussion on gas matters should be in the Combustion Chamber where we can give full information on gas work.

I cannot envisage how a non electric gas valve could be used in a warm air heater because of the control aspect. I will ask in the CC about this.

What aspect of it has failed?

Tony

As you are not registered for warm air units Agile it would be dangerous for us to give someone not qualified information like this as you may attempt repairs you are not qualified to do and put someones life in danger .

As you are not registered for warm air units Agile it would be dangerous for us to give someone not qualified information like this as you may attempt repairs you are not qualified to do and put someones life in danger .

I dont know why you like to keep making false statements like that!

Of course I am registered for Warm Air !

Tony

I apologise you are warm air registerd now.
Shame you dont know the basics of how a non electric gas valve works though

What false statements would that be the surely you dont mean when i said you where not registered at a stage in 2009 when your ACS had run out and when i phoned gas safe they told me not to use you as you where not legally allowed to work .
Or do you mean some other ones .
Please can you clarify your comment or will you now ignore as per usual

We are also having this problem, the lady on the phone laughed when we were searching for a part but with moving next year don't want to pay £5000 for a whole new central heating fitted.

So if anyone has a part to get rid off please get in touch x

With an obsolete WAU in the property it will heardly appeal to most purchasors. They will expect a new system to be more than £5000.

You could probably get it done for about £4000 or even less if you were lucky.

A nice new wet system with a five year warrantee on the boiler will be a definite selling point.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back