Baxi Combi 80e, HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Baxi Combi 80e, i was trying to increase the pressure and is not working, the heating works and the hw too but because the pressure was about 0.6 i was trying to increase it, so when the radiators were red hot i was triying to increase it, i turned the black knob but the pressure is not going up and yea you can tell than is open but i left about an hour and the pressure didn't move at all.

Sponsored Links
Hello Bengasman, sorry mate i don't know what you mean, I've got three valves with three black knobs, I've got another one than hasn't got that kind of plastic knob, so one of those three valves is for the pressure up another one is for the pressure down and the other one with a same black know is not doing anything anything at all and that's it, it's nothing else.

I've got three valves with three black knobs, I've got another one than hasn't got that kind of plastic knob, so one of those three valves is for the pressure up another one is for the pressure down and the other one with a same black know is not doing anything anything at all and that's it, it's nothing else.

One knob for pressure down??? :!: :?:
I doubt it.
Picture would not go amiss

Sponsored Links
One of the knobs makes the pressure bar go up, so if i've got the bar about 0.7 when i touch that one is going up about 0.9 i leave for a while and when i close that knob back onto 0.7, so is not doing anything, the other knob when i touch it the pressure from 0.7 going down to 0.5 or something so i'm no touching this one and then is another knob when you touching it is not doing anything, so that what i've got underneath the boiler.

I think you will find you have to turn 2 of the black knobs to increase the pressure. first 2 from the right side under the boiler .

trust me, you do not have a knob to let the pressure down.
send us a picture

how long should take to increase it to 1.0? right maybe i haven't got a knob to decrease the preassure but is like I told you before, i've got like three isolation valves and the gas tap, one of those valves makes the pressure go up but just for a little while you can hear it but not doing much, another valve is not doing anything at all, i turn it and nothing and the other valve is the one than looks than the pressure is going down but just for seconds, I've try to keep that open with the other one as well but no making any changes, so I don't know what to try next.

Are you sure your not just turning off one of the flow/return/cold mains isolators instead of the filling loop?
I know it sounds simple but everyone makes mistakes!

well now i'm confuse the only thing than i can tell you is than there are three valves with black knobs and athe gas tap, is the only thing than is underneath the boiler and i can't see anything else.

As you look at it the two valves on the right are where any 'integral filling loop' would be fitted. As the valves bend up into the boiler the loop part comes from the front of each valve and is looped to the left either with a conventional looking silver braided filling loop or a more discreet copper loop with valves.
From what you tell us the filling loop is not an integral one so you must look elsewhere for it or post a picture taken from under the boiler looking up at a 45º angle so we can confirm whether or not its there.

combi 80e does not have a built in fill loop .trace the pipework away from the boiler and look for a conection across heating rtn and cold water pipe.

combi 80e does not have a built in fill loop .trace the pipework away from the boiler and look for a conection across heating rtn and cold water pipe.

From the Manufacturers Instructions Page 11
. There are connection points on the mains cold water inlet and central heating return isolating taps Fig. 4a) to which the optional filling loop kit (Part No. 248221) can be assembled.

I am all for care in the community but looking at that picture its taking it a bit far allowing the blind to pipe up boilers :eek: .

To OP you dont want to be touching any of those black knobs as they will not pressurise your boiler . you want to be looking further along the pipework for probably a washing machine hose attached to heating pipes (looking at the standard of them).
Or if it has been done proper a silver braided hose with up to a couple of valves on it. The hose may not be attached and you will have to stubbs of pipework that it would attach to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back