Baxi Combi 80e "Hot then Cold" Fault on Fan or Flu

Sponsored Links
i thought the heating was working fine which would rule out venturi/aps etc

If the boiler has been properly commissioned with the heating output set for the radiator load then the hot water power will be about three times the power and so the combustion conditions will be different and will provoke a fault associated with the APS etc.

The fact that it works fine on heating is another indicator that the PCB is probably not at fault in this instance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
My girlfriend has just told me the heating gets up to temperature however it cuts out when in the heating cycle

Thank you everyone so much for your help. I am going to call baxi heat team out tomorrow and I'll see what they can do.

Ill keep you posted on what the problem is, I am new to these forums but its incredibly helpful.

Jack

B.G Suck they drive little vans full of paper and stuff.
HEATEAM vans are big and full of boiler spares......perfect for repairing your boiler.:cool:

B.G Suck they drive little vans full of paper and stuff.
HEATEAM vans are big and full of boiler spares......perfect for repairing your boiler.:cool:

You got that right Baxmax, although probably not in the way you were thinking :LOL:

This thread is typical of a conversation I was having with Agile earlier in the day :rolleyes:

And if your really lucky you may get a heat team guy who knows how to fix a limited range of boilers that should be second nature to them

Right I have an update on this situation.

Baxi Heat Team came out checked it over changed venturis and said it needed a new fan but he did not have one. He came back 3 days later and replaced the fan still said fault on fan or flue and it still did not work. I recommended to him to change the PCB and it solved the fault on flue problem.

However the boiler is not modulating temperature properly and when it gets to 60 or 70 degrees it cuts back down to 30 or 40 before warming up again. He changed the heat exchanger and the problem still occurred.

The boiler engineer has blamed it on a build up of scale and says it cannot be fixed. He told me to use some descaling liquid for 4-5 weeks then drain it out!

Is this easy to do? Is it likely that a 4 year old boiler will have that much scale that it does not work properly?

Regards,

Jack

Right I have an update on this situation.

Baxi Heat Team came out checked it over changed venturis and said it needed a new fan but he did not have one. He came back 3 days later and replaced the fan still said fault on fan or flue and it still did not work. I recommended to him to change the PCB and it solved the fault on flue problem.

However the boiler is not modulating temperature properly and when it gets to 60 or 70 degrees it cuts back down to 30 or 40 before warming up again. He changed the heat exchanger and the problem still occurred.

The boiler engineer has blamed it on a build up of scale and says it cannot be fixed. He told me to use some descaling liquid for 4-5 weeks then drain it out!

Is this easy to do? Is it likely that a 4 year old boiler will have that much scale that it does not work properly?

Regards,

Jack

Sorry to hear you had a right **** of a engineer come out. Im surprised he did`nt have a fan as it is van stock and i have never had to change one in anger, Sounds like he was getting all sweaty and made a excuss to leave.. Also you said in your first post you had a new fan fitted.

Although not standing in front of your boiler i think you have answered your own question in your first post when you said its work with the door off, As you have already said you have a long run for the flue it seems to me that one of the seals may have come adrift on the inner flue tube.

With a long flue and that kind of fault, the engineer, if he had been competent, would have used his glue gas analyser to test the CO² content of the incoming air at the boiler.

If the flue seal is leaking then that should make it classed as immediately Dangerous. I have seen a boiler which had exploded as a result of that fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back