Baxi Combi 80e problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On just about the coldest week of the year, my boiler decided last night that it was going to pack up! Its a baxi combi 80e boiler installed about 18 months ago. It is still providing hot water but not heating. Ive just given up, after 20mins, trying to get through to Baxi technical. Have tried all the obvious: resetting, turning stat up, checking timeclock, etc but its got me baffled! Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any idea what the problem could be?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
i got home from work this morn to find my baxi 80e is not working the rads are on but no hot water.hw neon not lit and no water coming out of tap.cold fine

Probably diaphram split in pressure diff. Does the microswitch make on the front left side of the brass housing when you turn water on? If not replace

Easy fix. Search other postings for how

If only installed 18 months ago then isn't it still under the warrantee?

Tony

Sponsored Links
i got home from work this morn to find my baxi 80e is not working the rads are on but no hot water.hw neon not lit and no water coming out of tap.cold fine
hi are you saying theres no water out the hot tap if so its probably main feed to the boiler frozen does it pass through the loft or somewhere else cold and draughty or if your get cold water out hot tap then probably needs new diaphragm or pin sticking in presure diff valve as already said . cheers

hi thanks . the hot water neon is not lit and the pilot light neon goes off then orange.the cold water tap is working fine [/u]

then the problem is the cold water pipe to the boiler is frozen somewhere on its run, trace it back , its the small 1/2 inch pipe with a valve on right hand side under boiler , follow this pipe back and if it goes in loft somewhere cold or draughty that where it.ll be frozen . if it is in loft take the loft hatch off to get some heat to the pipes . know where your main stop tap is just in case its damaged, your heating will be ok to use

Could even be the HW pipe frozen.

Agile see your on the ball again replying to over 6 year old post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back