Baxi Combi 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Baxi Combi 80E and recently the DHW diaphram was leaking through the centre pin, this was causing all kinds of issues like air getting in the system and after running hot water turning the tap off and if turned on again within 15 mins there was no hot water until a load of gurgling had stopped and also pressure would eventually go to nearly zero, so i bought a new one and fitted it. It was quite easy and it seems to be ok now, but im noticing my standing pressure is set to approx 1bar (I know now thats a little too high now and should be 0.5bar) but when running the heating for a while the pressure is creeping up to nearly 3 bar and starting to slightly trickle out of the pressure relief valve. i have disconnected the filling loop and isolated it to eliminate this as a source and it is still happening, now from reading on the internet there are only two other sources for this increase, one being the Expansion vessel diaphram split and water on both sides so nowhere for the pressure to go(just like the old citroen suspension spheres, sorry im a citroen techy) therefore i would need a new one , or a mains leak from the water heat exchanger into the heating side, but would this not increase all the time if this was the case. The boiler is approx 5 years old and im unaware of any servicing being done. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Chris

Sponsored Links
Repressurise the expansion vessel - instructions in the faqs. If water comes out of the valve it's dud.

Hi
Thanks for the pointers, checked the valve and a little air came out and no water so re-pressurised it , its been on for a few hours now and pressure's holding out at around 1.4bar max on full heat. So i'll see how it goes.

many thanks again

Regards Chris

Sponsored Links
A split diaphragm or leaking gland seal would not cause air issues in your boiler this was more than likely also to do with the expansion vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back