baxi combi instant 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
pressure gauge drops to zero quickly when turned off and quickly rises when fired up.i've been told it is most likely the expansion vessel.
any rough ideas of cost for parts and labour. could it be a diy.

Sponsored Links
£100 ish ? for the exp vess
Boiler off the wall job, if you got a std horizontal rear flue

interim; run c/h at minimum setting and top up to 0.25bar -0.5bar max

Sponsored Links
Look up on top of the boiler.

At the back is a plate with 4 screws.

Under that is the expansion vessel encased in grey polystyrene.

Slugbabydotcom said:
If it doesnt pump up and you have the space then just add another vessel to the system

you cannot if its an instant version

Poxi say you cant

Fink you 'll find it works fine, and gives you a bigger internal heat store cos you're using the whole volume of the pressure vessel. This is hearsay, I haven't done it.

I would love to do it chris, but the poxi guys have said this is a no no

ChrisR said:
Poxi say you cant

Fink you 'll find it works fine, and gives you a bigger internal heat store cos you're using the whole volume of the pressure vessel. This is hearsay, I haven't done it.

My thoughts exacactly :!: I've seen it done (all be it a temporary measure until a new exp vess and combined store could be fitted)

Well Poxi, for what reason can't you add another exp vessel :?:

baxpoti said:
My thoughts exacactly :!: I've seen it done (all be it a temporary measure until a new exp vess and combined store could be fitted)

Well Poxi, for what reason can't you add another exp vessel :?:

He means the company not me personally :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back