Baxi Combi Instant 80 he No Hot Water or Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A fault that baxi couldnt really point me in one direction, they say its the air pressure switch, or the p.c.b!! Boiler powers there, hot water light flashes, i have demand on both hot water and heating, as soon as i open the hot tap light stops flashes. Pump runs but nothing else happens. Baxi say there is something keeping the boiler off, stopping the sequence (great, i could of told them that) so pump runs..no fan movement? air pressure clicks when you blow down it, but according to baxi, it could make the right noses, but doesnt make the switch! It just doesnt seem right to me for it to be the air pressure? any ideas, i will be very greatful.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you need a RGI, can you go to the CC?

Sorry cannot help further here.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No power up to the fan, which makes it seem to me that it is the pcb! Alot of money if it ain't, I may just take the chance. It's basically idle with pump running on demand, hot water stops flashing on demand, they told me that it's not a fault with the sensors as the other lights would flash. Also I had a look under the board, and there didn't seem no signs that it's burnt! Never seen anything like it! Tut bloody baxi :)

It's labour though , mind you I could always keep it down for her, and I'm sure they will av it back if I don't use it, a bit of clever re-packaging from me! :) I think I'll go for that if you've had that prob, brilliant, I'll let u know how I get on, I won't bother with the switch..more to the point how do u get to it with the screws on top haha awful idea, thanks for the help appreciate it.

Id say P.C.B for sure. Check the contacts on the APS first tho, just to make sure there no sticking in the N/C / N/O position. Also check fan lead continuity,

HTH Gareth

Job complete now, replaced the P.C.B which did part of the problem, it went through it's cycle, but the fan didn't then kick in, the fan light on boiler started flashing. I then rang baxi and they told me about the air pressure switch, tested for continuity between pins 6 and 7 on the connector cables to the allocated part on the board. There wasn't none, replaced the switch and bobs your uncle, it's now working, but for how long knowing baxi!! Sack them right off, but you were a great help, so thank u very much, appreciate it. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back