Baxi Combi with DH Tank and 2 CH Zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am planning for a house extension at the moment and would like to implement the attached scheme in the Central Heating work.
The house will have 1 bath + 2 showers when completed, for 3/4 people. The existing combi is a Baxi 30kW, 2 years old, from the previous owner. Since it would be a shame to dump and to replace this relative new boiler, also to achieve electric hot water back-up (just in case), I am planning to introduce a DH cylinder connected to the CH circuit.
The existing DHW outlet (from combi) will be used for the kitchen sink only, to keep water flow within the boiler. I will manually set the CH setpoint temperature at 60C on the boiler.
I think it should work but would love to hear other's opinion.

I am planning to buy an indirect cylinder (@£500) + other accessories. Very likely I will explore different wiring to link with Hive or Wiser smart control.

Attachments

• combi_with_HW Tank.pdf
    363.1 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
Check the heating output rating on the Baxi (the 30kw headline number is usually for DHW), long as your total heatloss plus 5kw for the cylinder is inside that rating then yes, no reason why not. You've got other options (you could run 1 shower on the combi, for instance so you don't need a massive cylinder).

Yes very common to do this, you will be better with an unvented cylinder in you have adequate flow rates, other wise you will need to fit a tank in the loft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back