Baxi Duo-Tec Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi having just installed one of these have fitted many the customer has said it has flashed up code 168 ,just wondering before i get in touch with the baxi tec guys does anyone know what it is, i know there are several hidden codes o these but aint seen that one before .
thanks

Sponsored Links
E168 =
Internal Bus Timeout!
PCB Internal Communication Conflicting (as per the tech bulletin)

Possible faults
Gas valve
Igniter or
Pump

But more than likely the PCB

Call Baxi (heateam) under warranty

Thanks Baxipotti it wouldnt have anything to do with the reciever for the wireless programmable room stat would it ,its the baxi built in one mechanical timer.

e168 on a duo tec means pcb is doing a self diagnostic check.switch off at spur reset then leave it on e168 for 5 min and if after 5 min does not clear its self with out reset replace pcb

Sponsored Links
e168 on a duo tec means pcb is doing a self diagnostic check.switch off at spur reset then leave it on e168 for 5 min and if after 5 min does not clear its self with out reset replace pcb

Where did you get this from?

hiya was at warrington baxi few weeks ago.we fit bout twenty duo tecs a week and they sent me down there for a week problem solving on them.there head honcho gave this advice on this code.but he did freely admit most times it means pcd goosed

the most common breakdown with this boiler is when u service or install and people dont place the air pipe on the slim side of the pcb and allow it to kink when the pipe gets warm.nice easy one to watch out for comes up e133.

E168 =
Internal Bus Timeout!
PCB Internal Communication Conflicting (as per the tech bulletin)

Possible faults
Gas valve
Igniter or
Pump

But more than likely the PCB

Call Baxi (heateam) under warranty

Hi,

Hope someone can help, I've got E168 but only when I use the central heating. The radiator light comes on but not the orange 'flame' light.

If I do a reset an use hot water the pipe light comes and as does the orange flame light and all seems well - then use the heating and we are E168 again.

I tried the 5min pcb reset thing and same problem....

any thoughts?

thanks

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back