Re-Pressurising a Baxi Duo Tec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have just bled the radiators on my central heating system and caused the water pressure to drop below 0.5 bar. My Baxi Duo Tec 28 HE boiler now shows error code E119 as expected.

My problem is that when I open the valves on the refill pipe nothing happens so I can't re-pressurise the system.

Have I missed something?

Regards

Graeme

Sponsored Links
Panic over!

Whilst sitting here reading some of the other threads my boiler fired up. What ever was stopping the cold water going into the system must have cleared itself and the pressure rose to just under 1 bar. The symptoms would indicate low mains pressure but my mains pressure is ok and even if its low it should have been enough to over come the low pressure in the system.

Oh well, thanks for looking anyway!

Regards

Graeme

Sponsored Links
do you have the tap type filling loop with the circular heads? Make sure you open the left hand valve fully, then the right as in the video. the non return valves can sometimes stick. a sharp bang with a spanner on the left hand valve can sometimes be enough just to free it. If your boilers under warranty give heateam a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back