Baxi Duo-tec Combi 24 HE A Diverter Valve??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Baxi Duo-tec Combi 24 HE A boiler. When you turn on the hot water tap, the radiators get hot too despite the central heating not being selected. I have turned off all the radiators for the time being. Is it the Diverter Valve motor/3 way Valve motor (part number 7216534) that needs replacing or does the valve need repairing too? Which is the more likely part to be the faulty item?
I have found a Diverter Valve Repair Kit (5118381). But there is no part/diverter valve breakdown in the service manual. Does anyone have a part breakdown for this valve?

Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have an Baxi Duo-tec Combi 24 HE A boiler. When you turn on the hot water tap, the radiators get hot too despite the central heating not being selected. I have turned off all the radiators for the time being. Is it the Diverter Valve motor/3 way Valve motor (part number 7216534) that needs replacing or does the valve need repairing too? Which is the more likely part to be the faulty item?
I have found a Diverter Valve Repair Kit (5118381). But there is no part/diverter valve breakdown in the service manual. Does anyone have a part breakdown for this valve?

Thanks in advance guys.
What usually happens is the cartridge under the motorised valve leaks,water goes into the head and damages it,as well as the plug in electrical connector..If any signs of leak under head,water been running down brass,that is what has happened

I do not recognise that 511 repair kit..While since i did one but it used to just come as a cartridge

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys, I have another problem which i forgot to mention is that in order to get constant hot water out of the tap in the kitchen you have to put it out low pressure/not fully open the tap but in the bathroom you can open up the tap more in order to get constant hot water.. it has only recently done this around the same time as the hot water & central heating issue coming on at the same time.

Thank you guys, I have another problem which i forgot to mention is that in order to get constant hot water out of the tap in the kitchen you have to put it out low pressure/not fully open the tap but in the bathroom you can open up the tap more in order to get constant hot water.. it has only recently done this around the same time as the hot water & central heating issue coming on at the same time.
You could have two problems,,,tap and divertor valve,,happens but more likely to be just 1 Fault somewhere...maybe it is time you had someone take a look

This is a pic of the inside of boiler

20190929_173444.jpg
20190929_173444.jpg

call Baxi with the serial number of your boiler and they will give you the correct part number

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back