BAXI Duo-tec Wireless Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had the Baxi Combi about two weeks - all good.
Today it has started clicking on and heating up the radiators although the wireless stat is switched off with the temp set to minimum. The LED on the receiver kept flashing which, I gather, means the batteries are low in the wireless stat. I've changed the batteries and I'm waiting to see if it still switches on, but I notice the LED still does a double flash every ten seconds or so. Is this normal traffic between the receiver and the transmitter? Or is this why the batteries have run down so fast - the fitter said the batteries would last ages.

Sponsored Links
Its unusual for the batteries in the sender unit to be low and the receiver tell you, the flashing light is saying the receiver is working.

as for heating rads when off you should get the installers back.

Proballay just needs re commisioning..If its still doing it tommorrow i will go to my van and get the manual out..To comfortable now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It does seemto be working normally now. The double flash every ten seconds has stopped once the temp has stabilised after heating. I'm wondering if the batteries that it came with were out of shelf life and so the wireless stat was sending false/confusing signals to the receiver - praps I'm over thinking this? Anyway I'll see how it goes tonight and tomorrow morning and post the results. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back