Tado Baxi duo tec + salus BC600RX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The receiver installed in my boiler (Baxi Duo Tec HE A) is currently a Salus BC600RX. Please see attached a photo of said receiver (front and back) and the wiring of.

Also attached are photos of how I’ve wired in the Tado wireless receiver as advised on the Tado website for a Baxi Duo Tex HE A.

the problem I’m having is both wireless receivers have to have a demand for heating before the boiler will cut in. If the Salus is demanding heating it won’t likewise with the Tado.

should I just disconnect the Salus and see what happens?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
there will be 4 wires on the back of the BC600RX, L&N to power it and then 2 switching wires , you need to join the two switching wires no 4 and 3

7FC32DF5-54FC-4393-9EBB-E7F5772186FE.jpeg
3563D8E1-64A0-48D4-8CAE-A2FC6809004D.jpeg
9C15C9E3-5DC7-4A8E-A8AB-B43CAD47BEFD.jpeg
7FC32DF5-54FC-4393-9EBB-E7F5772186FE.jpeg
3563D8E1-64A0-48D4-8CAE-A2FC6809004D.jpeg
9C15C9E3-5DC7-4A8E-A8AB-B43CAD47BEFD.jpeg
821E8087-AB13-4165-9286-FF194265FC8E.jpeg
E28F33EB-1A36-46E9-AB91-EEED5D2F3CFF.jpeg

Ianmcd are you saying the salus remains in the unit and I connect the Tado to it?

Sponsored Links
Ianmcd are you saying the salus remains in the unit and I connect the Tado to it?
If you want to remove the salus phsically you will have a hole in the facia just join the two wires in 3&4 and the Salus is by passed, if you want you can remove the L&N too but dont join them to anything

So that would effectively put the Tado in sole charge, the Salus is no longer connected so plays no part.
Can you confirm, does the Tado wiring remain as it is in the picture, connected away from the salus, wired within the power input wiring?

So that would effectively put the Tado in sole charge, the Salus is no longer connected so plays no part.
Can you confirm, does the Tado wiring remain as it is in the picture, connected away from the salus, wired within the power input wiring?
yes you could have used the Salus wiring to do it but its done now it will be fine

Many thanks ianmcd, that seems to have done the trick. Just one final question, the Salus receiver is still flashing on and off, is this only because the 2 wires are connected, it’s no longer searching for the thermostat?

Most grateful for your help, Tado were no help at all.

Many thanks ianmcd, that seems to have done the trick. Just one final question, the Salus receiver is still flashing on and off, is this only because the 2 wires are connected, it’s no longer searching for the thermostat?

Most grateful for your help, Tado were no help at all.
Yes it is trying to pair with the origional thermostat, just pull one of the wires off and it will stop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back