Baxi eco 80 combi boiler constantly firing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I hope someone can help. On recenlty putting on my heating for the cooler nights, the boiler constantly fires up and then within a minute goes off again and fires up again. I see that people have had a similar problem to this but I have further problems.

The water and radiators are both working (no problem with the temperatures) However when I turn the dial to water only, the radiators warm up. The timer is completely off but the only way for me to not have the radiators hot is to turn the boiler to 0 (not water only and not water/radiator).

Could it be the micro switch or could it be the PCB?

Sponsored Links
case off, bottom left brass circular bit with microswitch and pin that comes out the middle of it , this comes out and activates the microswitch when HW is demanded and should retarct fully with no demand.
If it staying out then it needs stripped and cleaned if its not then it suggests faulty micro switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back