Baxi Combi 80 Eco Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope anyone can help....I have a Baxi Combi 80 Eco boiler, the problem is that the boiler keeps firing up for approx 10 seconds then shuts down....then fires up again within a minute. I have read the manual and it appears to be a faulty safety thermostat resulting in the boiler constanty firing up.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks Harry

Sponsored Links
It would help if you described exactly when the problem occurs.

What happens when you take hot water?

What happens when you put it on heating?

Tony

Thanks for the responses, when you turn the DHW thermostat control up the boiler fires up as described, it appears ok on the heating side.
I have checked the safety thermostat for continuity and that was ok, I also tried the reset button but still the problem persists, it sounds like the water is getting too hot and creating noise etc.

Hope this helps explain a little more.

Many thanks again

Harry

Sponsored Links
With the heating off what does the boiler do?

When you turn a hot tap on then what does it do?

Tony

the hot water microswitch is jammed in the made position,thus the boiler thinks there is a demand for hot water so the boiler keeps firing???

That took a lit of time to squeeze the answers out of Harry!

Surprising that Baxpoti did not guess whats most likely to be wrong first time.

I dont make any guesses until I have most of the answers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back