I need to upgrade my Baxi 80 Eco combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to upgrade my Baxi 80 Eco combi boiler as the hot water pressure
in the top floor bathroom is pathetic and we're having a new bathroom.

I need another Baxi combi boiler that gives better pressure as the hot water has to travel up 15 feet from the boiler to the bathroom.

I have been told to get one that uses the same template (in terms of pipe locations etc.) as the baxi 80. Any suggestiond would be greatly received.
Best regards,
Franc

Sponsored Links
why? an why baxi? if uhave a competant gas fitter he will alter these for you. ;)

changing your boiler wont change the pressure in your top bathroom.

The extra cost of changing the pipework.

The cold water pressure is fine in the top bathroom, the hot is terrible.
I understand its to do with the boiler not heating the water quick enough.
e.g a bigger boiler pumps the hot water out at a faster rate.

Sponsored Links
the boiler does not pump hot water! you may find a ballafix vlv on the htw supply somewhere restricting the flow.

you do not need a new blr. is your hot water flow ok in the kitchen etc?

I have been told to get one that uses the same template

Surely the installer should look at boiler specs to say what boiler would be the replacement. If your fitter is telling you to find a boiler with same footprint, then perhaps you should check his gas safe card to see if he is registered to carry out gas work.

15 feet is not an overly long pipe run. When you run a hot tap, boiler reacts to it and starts up. If the gas pressure is correct, water flow through the boiler is what it is supposed to be and boiler is in good working order (has been serviced as required by the makers), then you will with a slight delay get 9.5l of hot water at 35 degree C temperature rise.

Looks as though you are the end user and want to replace the boiler yourself. Nothing wrong in that except if the house blows up, wonder what your insurance will have to say. Furthermore, a 'bigger' boiler will most likely need a 'bigger' gas line to the meter.

Sounds like you need somebody to fault find and service your existing boiler as it should provide decent HW upstairs without needing a new boiler.

Alfredo

Ok, thanks for all the advice. 1st I'm going to see how much water is produced at the bath tap in 1 minute. Then I'll get back to you.
I never had any intention of fitting the boiler myself.

I need to upgrade my Baxi 80 Eco combi boiler as the hot water pressure
in the top floor bathroom is pathetic and we're having a new bathroom.

Changing your boiler will make no difference to the pressure in your bathroom

I need another Baxi combi boiler that gives better pressure as the hot water has to travel up 15 feet from the boiler to the bathroom.
That is irrelevant.

I have been told to get one that uses the same template (in terms of pipe locations etc.) as the baxi 80. Any suggestiond would be greatly received.

I would hazard a guess that this advice did not come from a RGI

Thats the word I was looking for! Flow rate, yes flow rate.
I am getting 2 litres every 20 seconds at the bath tap.
And this is when the boiler knob is only half way round for the hot water.

Is this normal..?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For 20kwatt boiler, flow rate is 10.5l per minute. Bengasman would 12l per minute be for 35 degrees C temperature rise on 20kwatt boiler?

CORRECTION- 9.5L

For 20kwatt boiler, flow rate is 10.5l per minute. Bengasman would 12l per minute be for 35 degrees C temperature rise on 20kwatt boiler?
Could not tell from experience; I've never seen a 20 kW combi. Then again, who cares how much it rises? My shower is either nice, or it isn't.

Did you check the flow rate a the kitchen, hot tap, as asked earlier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back