Baxi Eco 80 Hot Water Problem.

Sponsored Links
How do you know that the DHW demand switch is OK ?

Do you get a flame lockout light?

If its not modulating then the gas valve setup may be wrong.

Tony

I can see the pin coming out and making the switch, also I have manually activated the switch and checked resistance with a multimeter.

No flame lockout ever.

According to the fault finding procedure which comes with the boiler it is looking like either incorrect gas pressure/gas valve setting, faulty gas valve or borked PCB.

Sponsored Links
I' d check the plate heat exchanger first, as per the first post by Agile.

The eco has a very small, 12 plate h/ex and no DHW NTC, very fast heat build up and shut down cycle, no time for modulation.

Since installers have to always power flush a system on installation the manufacturers fault finding advice does not comtemplate a blocked plate HE and focus of failed components.

The real world is different! 80% of boiler faults on cheaper models are blocked plate HEs and other sludge related problems.

Tony

It is cutting out on central heating too so I don't think it is just the HE since central heating has its own larger one.

Some more info for you, sometimes when the central heating tries to come on the yellow ignition led lights for a fraction of a second but instead of the gas igniting the system 'clonks',the led goes out and the fan stops.

Sometimes it will try again after a few seconds and usually succeeds to ignite the gas.

Engineer coming round tomorrow, early :D

Update.

It's looking like an intermittent temp sensor, before it was reading fine but now it has gone open cct...unless this is just a coincidence, you never know!

Should get a replacement in a day or so.

Pump and gas pressure checked out OK.

Temperature sensor changed, normal service is resumed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back