Baxi HCA24 led. Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a fault come up on my baxi hca 24 which is 1 steady red light and 2 green flashing I pressed the reset button but after about 15 seconds the lights come back.

I have a 3 port valve but there is no resistance when pulling the lever it stays where ever you leave it could this be problem?

Also I have no hot water or heating.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Seems to be likely to be a lack of ignition.

Apart from confirming that you have gas turned on as shown by a working hob ets. then its a job for a gas registered engineer.

You could also make sure the condensate drain is also clear and free flowing.

Tony

The boiler does not know where its heat is going!

Tony

Sponsored Links
i fixed the fault... it was the red expansion tank i think as i re pressurized it the black needle went up to 2.5 bar then i turned the lever off again not to sure if it was the right pressure to go to but its solved the problem now i have heating and hot water again hooray!

Hi does anybody know what the red expansion tank does and what the black and red needles should read??

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back