baxi solo 15 he wont ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, got a baxi solo 15 he. I had a gas leak on my cooker hob. Gas man turned the mains off. I then isolated the hob and turned the mains gas back on. Now the boiler won't ignite. Power light is on but the red 'lockout' light is on. I've pressed the reset button (lots of times) in case there is an air lock but the lockout light keeps coming on - no green light (burner on) light. Any ideas? - skint and can't really afford engineer. Any help appreciated. :cry:

Sponsored Links
He has prob turned isolator to boiler off during testing and forgot to turn back on , call them back out and say he has forgotten its free

Are you sure he only isolated the hob and not the boiler too?
What exactly are the 3 lights showing?

If its an ignition problem, the lights from left to right will show:

on off on

Cheers

thanks for reply. i wasn't at home when he came but my wife doesn't think he touched anything else. i assume the cut off to the boiler is near to the boiler?? can't see anything - could it be near to the main gas valve? thanks again.

Sponsored Links
power light on. red lockout light on - pressed rest button and the boiler tries to start (red light goes out for short while)- exhaust blowing cold - no green (burner on) light. thanks.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can suggest you do apart from getting transco back as it sounds like an ignition problem.
If that fails, you may have no choice but to get someone out.

As I recall its against the law to turn a gas supply back on after its been turned off for safety reasons by an engineer!

Only an engineer is permitted to turn it back on after he has confirmed its safe and takes responsibility for his actions.

So anyone encouraging the OP to turn it back on would be giving inappropriate advice!

Tony

You say you have capped the pipe off?

How do you know it is not leaking?

(I suspect it currently isn't leaking)

pic shows the lights - when i press the reset button the red light goes out and the boiler tries to start - every 10 seconds or so i hear a click as if it is trying to ignite but nothing happens until the red light comes back on and back to square 1! thanks again. (i can live without cooker hob for a while but not looking forward to cold showers :oops: )

You need to get someone out. Transco have made your whole installation safe and no amount of resetting will fix it

cosytop/warmsure installed - are they transco? - would it be better (i mean cheaper) to get an independent to help? - need a new hob too - can you recomend anyone (warboys, cambs)

No transco are/were the national grid. Don't know anyone up in warboys although gasservice1985 is st ives so he might be happy to travel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back