please help Baxi solo 2 40rs causing trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Baxi Solo 2 40RS model (boiler) which would not fire up when turned on :( . The reset button wasn't activated when I checked it. I can turn it on by using the gas control knob (which does not pop back out when pressed). The pilot light does not ignite from the main switch. When I do manage to get it going, it wont fully turn off not unless I turn the gas knob off. What do I do? :cry:

Sponsored Links
When i seen somedody had replied to this i thought who has been drinking and been able to decipher it :LOL: :LOL:

I have had a drink this evening but I am afraid that I am unable to decipher it either!

I am sure that I could fix the boiler on site but to offer any on online advice I would need a much clearer description of the problem!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Well the mrs has feked off to bed and is fast asleep . thinking fek i might just nip up the pub its open till 3 just so i can try and help this guy later :LOL: :LOL:

If you hear 3 knocks followed by 2 knocks then 4 it will be me at the door, so let me in :eek: :LOL:

Irishman answers the phone in bed, and shouts down the reciever How the fek would i know phone the coast guard. His wife says whats up. . He replies just some idiot wanting to know if the coast is clear :LOL: :LOL:

hi. sorry guys i'm not clear. as you can see..not very technical at all. Let me try again: I can't get any hot water because the boiler won't turn on. I haven't tried the CH because it's the middle of summer and there is no need for it. Probably I wouldn't get any because the boiler wont turn on. :oops: I've tried resetting it but that didn't work either. Is that any clearer?

Please try the CH.

It may not make any sense to you, but to us it shows us where the fault is located in your property.

Dont try to think, leave that to us.

Tony

Thank you for your reply :) . I have tried the CH and it's not working :cry:.
Can you suggest what I do now? Please. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back