Baxi HE 133 - Problem with boiler or not??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Baxi HE 133 is working fine with great hot water flow and problem free central heating. How ever we have just upgraded to a new bathroom suite and installed an en suite room. Since installing the new bathroom products the boiler now fires up for a brief moment ( 2-3 seconds) in DHW mode when I open the cold water taps or flush the toilet. I guess there is some sort of pressure change within the boiler which makes it think I am demanding hot water but it is when I use any of the cold water outlets? The boiler is now so sensitive that it fires up for a brief moment even when the house next door uses any of there cold water outlets. So you could imagine how many times in a day the boiler is coming on and going off!

Otherwise the system works fine and produces a faultless hot water system when called for.

1. Could this be a problem with the boiler?

2. Could it have anything to do with the thermostatic shower valves I have installed?

3. Is there some sort of pressure flow valve which can be installed to stop the boiler doing this.

Any help very much appreciated

Dave

Sponsored Links
seems obvious to me it is to do with his work , possibly a dead leg or cross flow
call him back to check

Turn off the COLD feed valve under the boiler and see if any water comes out of any hot tap!

Could also be a faulty mixer tap, probably because the non return valves have been left out!

Was your installer a member of the Institute? They have a complaints procedure if he does not remedy his defects!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back