Baxi HE 133 Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I have a small problem with my 4 year old Baxi HE 133 as in normal pressure when cold is about 1 bar but when i put the radiators on it rises well into the red 3 bar .

It has never given me any trouble before and it is running about 12 radiators.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
expansion vessel flat and also probably needs a prv replacement,
when the boiler pressure is this high the vessel is either flat and just needs topped up but sometimes needs replaced, the prv has been passing and as it's only rubber probably needs replaced, not a major get the plumber round yesterday problem,
but you should have it checked as soon as it's conveniant. (not to long though)

"PRV" i take that as Pressure release Valve ?

What should i be looking at paying so i don't get ripped of by Cowboy Builders.

Sponsored Links
Fair Comment and you knew what i mean't ? what price would i be looking at to get it fixed " If " it was the above which was the problem.

i don't know what prices are reasonable for your area but expect upto 80 quid an hour and 30 quid or so for prv rckon max time is about 1hr30 if parts are in van, you may have to pay travel costs aswell, i reckon any were between 100 to 200 is o.k but your local rgi may find other faults!

hang on - let me find my piece of string :p

Seriously though...

I would guess around the £200 mark. An hours labour + materials... EV is easy enough to get to in the boiler, so as long as access is reasonable...

Just done some homework ( Google ) and the baxi parts comes in around £75

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baxi-Comb...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item483f222541

http://www.heatingspareparts.com/boilerpart.aspx?ProductId=34468&Part=TANK EXPANSION

I might have to do some grovelling and ring my cousin to fit them :) , i don't like to mither but hey isn't that what relatives are for.

I will get him to check the expansion Vessel to make sure that it reads around 1 Bar first then change the PVR as it could possibly sort the problem and be a cheap fix as it must be a big job 1-1.5 hrs to change the expansion Vessel maybe get a cheaper external one as i have plenty room outside the boiler to fit one.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back