Baxi 133 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a problem with my Baxi 133 HE. The pressure is 1bar so thats normal, the problem is that the water or heating warms up... works for approx half an hour and then cuts off and needs resetting ie the red flashing light comes on.

The problem is you cannot reset the system for about another half an hour then it will reset, work until it cuts out again !

To me its like its reaching temperature.....cut out then cools down before a reset can be done !

Anyone any ideas ?

Many thanks

Carl

Sponsored Links
It is the red LED next to the flame with a line through it....

I do notice as its heating up the pressure rises... its just cut off now and risen to over 1.5 bar...

The seals on the combustion door have failed/disintergrated causing overheating in the air box.
R.G.I req.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I had the boiler man come out today and repressurise the expansion vessel and set back to 1bar...

One rad leaked and I think it was due to to much pressure in the system... so as i had to wait... I have been staying at my mum and dads...

When running the hot water it also causes the boiler to produce the red LED... so its the heating and the water

Can I ask what R.G.I stands for please

Registered Gas Installer.
or Right Gabby Individual

Yes overheat as opposed to overeating...........

Is there anyway that I can reduce this over the christmas period... ? Its a pain to get up every 20 mins to reset it... and I take it that its not good for the system me doing that ?

Plus when I goto bed its cut off so its cold in the morning...

No not really unless you are a RGI ............This is why i have offered this advise.

No thats spot on that.... I am off round to see the RGI man now, anyway...

Thanks very much for some much welcomed advice :) I will let you know how I get on.

boiler is turning it self off due a safety problem.
if it did not go off the boiler would melt and probaly cause a fire.
some boilers require seals/gaskets to be changed on the annual inspection visit otherwise they break down to safety shutdown.

modern boilers = new problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back