Baxi 133 HE plus fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been working on a Baxi 133 HE plus - both the flame failure burner led's are flashing - i have worked through the manual and replaced the fan but the fault still persists - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
What a coincidence I had one yesterday where a mate had diagnosed it all himself and fitted a new fan but it wasnt that! When I checked the fan was getting all the right power but the pcb wasn't sending it the right signal to come on. How lucky was he that I just so happened to have one in the van.
The light sequence in this case was [flash- flash- on]

BTW you need to join the DIYnot 'combustion chamber' for stuff like this where you can get more specific help and not risk upsetting the admins

Hi, thanks for the reply, will look at joining the Combustion chamber soon - the Baxi 133HE plus seem to be totally unreliable - client has spent a small fortune repairing the boiler over the last few years.

Will change the PCB tomorrow and let you know if it fixes the issue.

Thats why you should never trust fault finding manuals 100% i was working on the promax 15/2 similar heat engine, the manual asks to check continuity on fan harness and not for power thus leading to it saying fan at fault when its actually pcb, i never fell for the trick but plenty sure have!
Those range of baxi boiler are rubbish and expensive to fix

Sponsored Links
Boiler fault indications require the PCB to be operating correctly.

Its only what the boiler "thinks" is wrong.

It does not eliminate the need to correctly diagnose faults. Except for the parts changers of course!

Tony

Hi - figure this out - changed the pcb and only the flame lock out led is flashing - so changed the pcb back to the original, same - boiler will not go through the ignition cycle atall now with either pcb!

Obviously there is a fault!

However, we dont not give DIY advice on gas/combustion issues here.

So the only advice to be given here is to call a competent engineer.

Or register for the CC when we can advise!

It is unlikely the PCB is faulty.

Tony

I have a golden rule. The last time I broke this golden rule I blew a pcb up! :oops:
That rule is to always take a picture.
There is scope to make a mistake when changing this board and it is also easy to accidentally pull a wire out of its plug.
Unfortunately the installation instructions are a little lacking so you cant figure out from there if you went wrong :cry:

As Tony says we are limited on what we can say on the open forum by DIYnot rules. Join the CC where there are baxi engineers who may be willing to help or call baxi technical help. In either case you will need proof of gas safe membership

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back