Baxi Instant 105E Gaining Pressure!

Give you one bit of advice wear gloves the bassas can have razor sharp edges.

Its a bit like trying to get your hands into a birds knickers when she is wearing jeans seems bit tight at first but when you eventually get there you know its possible with a bit of hand manipulation ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for the tips/replies all. Changed it this morning, no way would it come out unless I removed the pump which is simple enough. I did notice tho' that my original was physically much bigger than the replacement, maybe just an updated design as all appears to be working fine, monitoring now for an increase in pressure - looking good so far! Thanks again :D

my original was physically much bigger than the replacement, maybe just an updated design

No you got the wrong one!

Instant has 22 plates opposed to your 10, 12 or 16 plate

btw your pump will now leak on the rear pipe seals

Hi Baxipoti, I double checked on a few sites the part number for the instant 105e plate heat exchanger and got:
Part Number 248723
Gas Council Number E68180
So this is what I ordered and I believe was supplied, I will check with supplier but it's on and working, all seems fine at the moment.
The pump should seal ok as O'rings are new.

Sponsored Links
Correct part number

Was the box sealed?

Count how many plates there are

Good effort on the pump seals

:cool: :cool:

Hi, I can count approx 20 indentations with my finger nail on the new part (hard to get in/see properley), plus there may well be two more under the back/mounting plate which curves around the edge on to the plates a little way :confused:
Dimension wise the height/width are identical but the old unit was 60mm deep where this new part is around 52mm. The box had the correct part number but was not sealed and possibly never was, no sign of sellotape etc being cut/removed.
If it is the incorrect part will it have a major effect? The boiler isn't leaking, isn't gaining pressure :D & the pre heat seems to be working! (also tested CH side OK).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back