baxi instant 105e making a noise as if something stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Boiler has preheat turned off all the time and the central heating was not on, a reasonably loud knocking noise was coming from the boiler as if something was stuck which i have heard once before but a long time ago. I turned the boiler off and back on and it was ok, when it did it a good while ago it lasted a short while then stopped. Any ideas what this could be, i wondered if it could of been the pump had stuck and it had tried to do the once every 24hr spin ? .After this happened i purged the hot water no problems and had the heating on for a bit no problems. I had not heard this noise all summer and it is a new pump since the last time i heard it as the pump was one of several parts that were changed last winter ( last time i heard the same noise was before the last repair so was running old pump). The heating has been on a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and all has been fine.

I don't have much confidence in this boiler since last winter and previous problems but all has been ok recently until i heard the noise about a hour ago which doesn't seem right.

Any comments appreciated
neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back