Baxi instant 105e replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Well the faithful baxi instant 105e is nearing the end of its life after 19yr of service. The Diverter valve was refurbished and the plate heat exchanger cleaned out ( want an issue there) to cure the hot water disappearing down the ch flow pipe. But I think the time has come to replace the boiler. I’m in a 3 bed 1950’s semi house, 8 rads, all doubles biggest 1600x600 (hallway stairs and landing) living room 1400x400, dining room 1200x500, kitchen 900x600. Bedroom 1&2 1200x500 and bedroom 3 and bathroom 1000x500
Baxi say the 630/830 was the replacement boiler but will that be big enough as the 630 has 20kw for heating but 30kw for dhw, where as the 105e currently has 34kw for both ?? My flow rate at hot tap is approx 13 l/m. Will the 636/836 be a better choice. I’m looking for advice before I get quotes so at least I know what I should be looking for.
Thanks for your help
Roseyp1974

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I asked a similar question a few months back, https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/baxi-105e-should-i-replace.595521/#post-5290900

I have a Baxi 105e, although mine hasn't given me any issues, with the spiralling costs of energy I was contemplating replacing my boiler with a more fuel efficient newer boiler, however, the overall cost meant that the ROI was unlikely to be realized anytime soon, so I decided to look at other options such as getting thermal wall insulation installed and better loft insulation instead, and maybe updating the heating controls, again, my use case is different as my house is a 122 years old with no cavity wall insulation , air bricks everywhere, so the heat loss is potentially greater than your property.

All the best Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back