Baxi 105e instant problem!!

You have to drain boiler and remove pump head to check impeller for blockages and the unseize in most cases.

Very naughty you are Tony. Invariably the poster will have a leak when he removes the pump head, flood the PCB area, even disturb the connection at the heat exchanger.

Surely, you are not advising the lad should start tinkering with the boiler :eek:

I think I've changed most parts on this thing now. I've just replaced the 3 way motor/actuator. Couple months back the dhw diverted valve and the one behind that??
Added an external expansion vessel.

Just after a few pointers on getting the heat exchanger out to clean it out. I've got 4 gaskets on order and an getting some x800. Just wondered if I ran the x800 through the system would it unblock the heat exchanger?

Sponsored Links
X800 is not very wonderful at unblocking plates. Citric acid is far better or DS40.

But that's best used on the plate when its been removed from the boiler.

I am not convinced your is blocked yet. To confirm that I would do a thermal survey on it.

Not sure why DP is saying that I am naughty. I started the sentence by saying "drain the boiler"!

Tony

Ok here's where I'm at.
If the preheat is on it's heating all the rads on the system.
Also when the hot tap is on the rads are getting hot.
I've just replaced the 3way motor/actuator.
Centeral heating works.
I replaced the dhw diverted valve earlier this year.
And the big diverter thing that was attached to.

I've put x800 in system last night and ran for a bit.going to do the same later.
Maybe leave for a few days then drain and refill.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

As I recall the black motor diverts from heating to preheat the water.

But that relies on the internals returning under its spring pressure!

Also that the motor is correctly connected but as far as I recall it has a non reversible plug.

I sus this model when I see it and don't remember how it works in detail!

Tony

Sponsored Links

will this 3 way diverter valve repair kit fit a baxi 105e instant?

if not can this part be replaced? on the 105e instant?

Ok so after listening and reading a good few posts.
It turns out to be the 3 way valve that's letting the water past.
It's had a new actuator/motor fitted.

I went throught the sequence of operations.
The valve is not returning into the top position when preheat or hot water is called for.
Resulting in the heated water going down the rads.

Can this valve be repaired in position?
Is there a replacement kit?

It looks a long job to replace the complete valve.

Would I also need the heat exchanger gaskets to replace?
Is a complete system drain needed or just the boiler.

Cheers guys you've all been great.

You are flogging a dead horse here. It is time you sought preffessional help

Yes, but to know what is wrong we need to push things and see how much they move and to feel things and measure temps to see where the flow is going.

I know the public perception is that plumbers left school at 15 and are thick so boiler repairs must be easy to do and anyone must be more clever than a plumber! But the reality is often different!

Tony

Hi
I have a baxi 105e instant combi.
My issue is that the when the pre heat is on its heating the rads and the hot water is not very hot. I've turned the preheat off. But when a hot tap is turned on the rads start to get hot again and the waters only Luke warm and it seams to run on for ages??
I replaced the pressure differential valve but this doesn't seam to have made any difference. ( think that's the correct name. 3 ports and a pin in center)

Could it be the diverter valve? I replaced this last year??

This must be the worst boiler out there saving for a valliant ecotec 838 hopefully this is worth the cash.
Many thanks for any advice and help.
sounds like your heat exchanger is blocked

Ok I understand it's easier when you can see it.
Where I'm at now.
I'm switched to hot water only.
I removed the 3 way motor head and pulled up the pin in the 3 way valve.
Pre heat and hot water supply work fine. No rads getting hot.
When I switch to ch/hw.
That's when the problems start. Once ch is called for it works ok but when hot water either via tap or preheat then the rads are still getting hotter.
That would make me believe that the spring in the 3way valve isn't returning up properly and the preheated water is going down to the rads.

I would like there to be a replacement valve kit for the 3 way valve.
Before buying and replacing the complete unit.
Cheers guys.

Tandy82, would you put money on it? :rolleyes:
What is this great advice based on?

There is a diverter valve kit available.

But I am not sure if its sold specifically for this model.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back