Baxi Combi Instant 105e - no DHW problem:

That didn't read to well what I meant to say was that when the motor head is removed, the brass pin standing upright on the valve can be depressed, with some effort.

Sponsored Links
Try pressing it down a few times to see if it is stuck. This can free it ocassionally. There will be resistance when you push.

Hi Dave,

the vertical pin on the valve will move with a bit of finger effort, it feels ok. to be honest, nice and smooth, but as u say with some resistance.

Keith.

With hot water being demanded you should have 240v at motor and should feel see some movement as it changes from heatin demand to hot water demand. Section M on fault finding chart will tell you about this

Sponsored Links
Motor head appears completely dead - no movement / vibration whatsoever when DHW demanded.

I guess the next thing is to confirm that 240v is getting to the motor head, any idea what pins - I think there are 3 contacts ?

No manual - have u got one to pass on? !

Keith.

acument said:
Motor head appears completely dead - no movement / vibration whatsoever when DHW demanded.

I guess the next thing is to confirm that 240v is getting to the motor head, any idea what pins - I think there are 3 contacts ?

No manual - have u got one to pass on? !

Keith.

well if the boiler doesnt know its under Hot water demand it isnt going to anything

PCB

www.partsarena.com/baxi Once your into site click on BAXI then click on BOILER then click on COMBI then you will get a list of 80e`s and 105e`s make sure you click on the 105e instant then click into installation instuctions and fault finding charts are at the end

Corgi pcb gives power to the motor this has to be checked because if board is giving power to head and nothing is happening then its the motor if it is not giving power to the head then it`s the board

namsag said:
Corgi pcb gives power to the motor this has to be checked because if board is giving power to head and nothing is happening then its the motor if it is not giving power to the head then it`s the board

I may be getting confused but isnt the problem that although the differential valve actuates the punter aint getting the DHW Demand light up

he has replaced the valve and the micro switch, still no demand light?

Going through literature i don`t think demand light comes on till motor has moved the divertor into hot water position .

namsag said:
Going through literature i don`t think demand light comes on till motor has moved the divertor into hot water position .

I worked on one last week and it was pretty much instant. How would the boiler know the actuater has operated?

just asking BTW
:)

acument said:
Have changed DHW diaphragm and both microswitches.

Did you put the microswitches back on the correct valve?

Red wired on lower one

White/black wires on top

Wires correct - baxpoti.

Diaphragm and both microswitches replaced and microswitch can be heard to click when DHW requested.

Just downloaded the Manual from Partsarena (ta for that!!).

In the troubleshooting section I can see voltages mentioned on pinouts on the PCB I'm going to check these as they specifically refer to the motor head.

Will let u know how I get on,

Thank's All,

Keith.

namsag said:

Baxpot would know for sure but I dont think so, as rob says there is no microswitch on the DV

press in the microswitch and demand light comes on

As you say Baxipoti will know but on the instant the light actually flashes at first as opposed to being permenatly on straight away. I`m not saying it isn`t the board but the valve motor needs eliminating first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back