Baxi 105he hot water staying on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all.
I have a problem with my baxi 105e instant boiler.
When I turn off the hot water the led stays illuminated. The pump continues to run and it wont switch back to central heating.
If I take the Microswitch off the valve then then it does turn the led off.
I've replaced the diaphragm in the dhw differential valve and I've replaced the microswitches but this has not solved the problem.
The pin is moving in and out on the valve and the Microswitch operates fine when pushed manually.
Any advice appreciated in advance.

Sponsored Links
well if it all works properly with the micro switch housing removed and the diaphragm is working correctly as you state, then you have reconnected the micro switch wrong , when you put the micro switch back in is it made ? mean is the switch arm pushed in ?

well if it all works properly with the micro switch housing removed and the diaphragm is working correctly as you state, then you have reconnected the micro switch wrong , when you put the micro switch back in is it made ? mean is the switch arm pushed in ?
In the Instant,the v thin bypass pipes from the pump proving switch block up.The ones that come out of back of divertor valve.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I've had it stripped down again.
There seemed to be a build up of lime scale in the 'fixed' piece of the valve where around the hole where the larger plunger slides into. I've cleaned it off and everything seems to be working.
I can only think that this wasn't letting the plunger sit home fully hence the Microswitch still being on.
Crazy what a fraction of a mm can do.

On a different note, the water isn't as hot as it used to be when the tap is open fully. What could this be? Gunked up heat exchanger?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back