baxi 105e instant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Baxi combi instant 105e and i have a problem int that when i turn on the hot tap the radiators get warm.Through reading previous posts,and suspecting a split diaphragm, i took the microswitch off of the front of the hot water part of the diverter ,and the pin comes out about 1/8 of an inch.Is this normal? If it is normal what are the other possibilities that the problem could be.
Any info greatly received
glplumb

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the rapid reply.
The pin comes out about the same as the central heating pin,and the heating works ok.Is there any way that i can test whether the pin is hitting the microswitch?
regards
glplumb

There is no CH pin!

The DHW pin should come out about 8-9 mm and be enough to operate trhe microswitch.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is there any way that i can test whether the pin is hitting the microswitch?
Loads of ways. All common sense stuff.
When the switch is pressed it will usually make an audible click as it switches and there will usually be continuity between the terminals which you can test for. If not at the switch then at terminals 5 & 6 on A5.
With water flowing at the tap you could also try operating it manually FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!
AS usual its all in the manufacturers instructions

Thanks for that guys.
Tony, when i look at the diverter and where the microswitch for the dhw is, there is exactly the same(ie microswitch and diaphragm housing) at eight oclock to the dhw assembly as part of the same valve.
regards
glplumb

Thanks for that guys.
Tony, when i look at the diverter and where the microswitch for the dhw is, there is exactly the same(ie microswitch and diaphragm housing) at eight oclock to the dhw assembly as part of the same valve.
regards
glplumb

This is the pump flow switch and is activated by the pump running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back