Baxi Combi Instant 105e - no DHW problem:

namsag said:
As you say Baxipoti will know but on the instant the light actually flashes at first as opposed to being permenatly on straight away. I`m not saying it isn`t the board but the valve motor needs eliminating first

it only flashes whilst in pre heat mode mate

once the differential valve clicks the microswitch the demand light becomes solid

:)

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I am wrong, but my recollection of the boiler operation is slightly different to some indications expressed above.

I thought that the DHW demand came from by a hydraulically operated diverter valve with a microswitch which indicates a DHW demand.

Seperately, there is a preheat diverter which is activated as a function of the temperature sensor and uses the motor actuator to move the valve to the preheat position. It rests when the store is fully preheated in the currently described position with the valve pin out. Nothing to do with that valve or motor would prevent a DHW demand from being registered.

The motor actuator is always powered with 240v. The centre pin is neutral and power is applied to left or right pin and that causes the motor to move to the next position and stop there and disconnect the live connection inside but reconnects the other pin ready for the next call to move to the other position.

Tony

As per the Baxi troubleshooting guide I checked the voltage between pins 1 & 3 on the A8 block - 244 volt there which pretty much suggests that the diverter valve motor head has gone as the cable loks fine.

Will replace that and let u guys know if it fixes the problem.

Very many thank's for the support everyone.

Ta,

Keith.

I dont think that you can have read either my posting above or an earlier one.

Its is NOT a failed actuator motor that is preventing your boiler from working on DHW.

Obviously its your boiler and if you want to replace the motor that thats your perogative!

Dont forget to tell us when that has not fixed the problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I dont think that you can have read either my posting above or an earlier one.

Its is NOT a failed actuator motor that is preventing your boiler from working on DHW.

Obviously its your boiler and if you want to replace the motor that thats your perogative!

Dont forget to tell us when that has not fixed the problem!

Tony

being saying that ll along

If when the DHW micro switch is made the green DHW LED should illuminate (solid not flashing) if it does not illuminate then the PCB is defective.

From the original post you said the problem got worse over a period of time, this does not tie in with a PCB failure!

Points taken - my thoughts:

I can replace the motor today for £17 from local supplier.

Baxi troubleshooting guide clearly shows that if voltage present at pcb then motor is faulty.

Having said that, there may be voltage present, but something else on the pcb has failed and it's not switcing the valve when DHW requested and, I have to say my "gut" feeling is that it's the pcb, which I did say earlier, but I'm happy to pay the £17 as a possible fix rather than the £75 for a new pcb straight off.

It's a difficult one but logic says to me to pay the £17 and fingers crossed!!!

Keith.

Well you follow your logic and we will follow ours!

I dont use manufacturers fault finding charts as I prefer to follow my logical reasoning based on the way the boiler works.

Tony

Fitted new motor head to the diverter valve and....

same problem, no DHW or boiler startup - (no laughing at the back there:)

Same supplier has a pcb in stock and has kindly offered to give me credit against the motor head if that's not the problem, decided I may as well leave it on as at least I know its been replaced and I may as well give the Baxi beastie a 12000 mile service.

Will fit the new pcb tomorrow and let u know the results, indebted to u guys for the input -

Keith.

acument said:
Fitted new motor head to the diverter valve and....

same problem, no DHW or boiler startup - (no laughing at the back there:)

Same supplier has a pcb in stock and has kindly offered to give me credit against the motor head if that's not the problem, decided I may as well leave it on as at least I know its been replaced and I may as well give the Baxi beastie a 12000 mile service.

Will fit the new pcb tomorrow and let u know the results, indebted to u guys for the input -

Keith.

Well Buuggger me it didnt work I am surprised

I kid I kid

namsag said:
Hope it`s not the board then we are both wrong.. :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

your right its probably the flange angled cockle sproget thats minched slightly out of alighnment

:LOL:

Stochametric valve is not engaging with the centrifugal valve gear,,, Had an engineer say that to a customer one day .For a dirty pilot.. And with dead serious look on his face customer said i was thinking along those lines .Blood was running down my lip as i tried not to laugh.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

namsag said:
Stochametric valve is not engaging with the centrifugal valve gear,,, Had an engineer say that to a customer one day .For a dirty pilot.. And with dead serious look on his face customer said i was thinking along those lines .Blood was running down my lip as i tried not to laugh.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LMAO x 10

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back