Baxi solo 2 50 pf switching on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, got a problem with my sisters boiler, sometimes it works ok, but just recently it has started clicking.

there are several lights on a grey box on the left hand side at the bottom of the boiler these read

• Overheating (No light)
  • Boiler on (light on)
  • Fan on (light flashing on and off in time to clicking)
  • Pilot on (no light)
  • burner on (no light)

Fan spins easily doesn't seem like its seized it just sounds like it is trying to start but then shuts down.

regards Lee

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly a fan or APS issue. You can check it using a multimeter easily enough. If it's not dropping out then it's something else!

Most common thing to cause this is pcb (231711) failure, but there would be other things we would check first, for which you'd need a multimeter, the manual, and be able to follow the wiring diagram.
WOuld check continuity of APS with everything off, between white and black, should be not more than a couple of ohms. Then if the pcb doesn't send mains to the fan, chance of faulty pcb approx 100%

Hi all thanks for the replies, my dad is going to test the pcb today will let you know what comes of it.

what does APS stand for?

Sponsored Links
Or even AIR pressure switch. :rolleyes:

As chris says probably the board

Hi again thanks for the info, Does anyone know how many rads this boiler can support?

My sister has 10 rads

Check the voltage on S/L if you have more than 220V you need a new board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back