Baxi solo 2 50pf problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have a problem with my Baxi Solo 2 50PF boiler. Having looked through the forum there's been various posts on similar topics, but though i'd put my issue up here anyway!!

When you start it, the boiler, fan and pilot, but no burner. The Overheat light is not on, I have turned up both thermostats on tank and main one downstairs but no joy and also checked if there was any air in the system but that's ok too. (had replaced a rad last month so had system drained down). The pilot flame looks steady, and remains constantly on as long as system is switched on.

A lot of the other posts refer to the PCB, but I replaced mine last May due to a fault with the pump not running, so could it have failed that soon again?

Any thoughts or help would be apreciated as it's Penguin cold here!!!!

Sponsored Links
First thing I would be looking at is the gas valve. Id be asking myself
1 Is it getting power?
2 If it is getting power is it opening?
3 Is that pilot big enough to light the burner?
4 What is the resistance on the gas valve coils?

1 and 4 You could DIY
2 You need an RGI
3 Is a problem that I have come across where debris collects around the pilot area of the burner and the airflow is such that the gas isn't near enough to the flame to ignite. Has it been lighting with a bang? When did you last have it serviced? Another job best left to an RGI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back