Baxi Solo 2 50PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Desperate for help! Two of my downstairs radiators are staying cold. If I bleed them the hot water comes through after 5mins but once I stop they go cold again. All my other radiators are working fine but I do have to constantly bleed 3 of them upstairs because they always seem to get trapped air in them.

My boiler system is a Baxi Solo 2 50PF.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This isn't a boiler issue.....it's a system controls problem or sludging. You are either sucking air or pump/2/3 port are not working correctly. Post more info on system set up and when and how this began to happen

Thx for reply, I think it started happening when the heating guys put a new heating control switch on my boiler.

ok......more info??!! What went wrong with boiler? What work was done? Did this happen immediately afterwards and if so why haven't you called em back?

Sponsored Links
My fault, I did not explain it too well. They actually fitted a new timer control, so that I could set the heating to come on at different times during the day. At first there was not any problem but now two radiators downstairs do not come on unless I bleed them and they get hot once I do this.

Air locked. If you have a drain point try connecting a hose to it and the other end to cold mains......force water through. Be careful how much you push through as the F&E tank will overflow

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Another stupid question...where would the drain point be? What does it look like?...ok two stupid questions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back