baxi solo 2 50pf FGA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i am just after getting my baxi solo 2 50pf boiler serviced by an RGI i got a print out of the FGA readings when he was finnished and they are as follows

O2 (%) 11.2
CO (ppm) 46
CO2 (%) 5.5
Ratio 0.0008
Pressure (mBar) -0.08
Temp net (C) #####
Temp flue (C) #####
Eff net (%) ####.#
XS air (%) 115.6

Do all theses readings look right for a serviced boiler? And how come i cant see how efficient the boiler is? Any Help

Sponsored Links
They do look OK, but your Engineer needs to get the Temperature probe on his analyser repaired, as no flue gas temperature is recorded on your print out, nothing for you to worry about though!!! ;)

He could have just forgot to plug in the temp probe.

You can't get an efficiency reading without the temp being recorded.

Sponsored Links
If the figures were wrong do you really think the engineer would be foolish enough to document them and pass you the evidence to keep.

If there were any concerns the engineer would either take steps to remedy them or make the boiler safe.

If the figures were wrong do you really think the engineer would be foolish enough to document them and pass you the evidence to keep.

If there were any concerns the engineer would either take steps to remedy them or make the boiler safe.
No its just that i know a bit about oil boilers and FGA with them and the FGA is a lot different to oil that was all. Just being safe

You might know a "bit" about oil, but clearly you are no Combustion engineer?

You might know a "bit" about oil, but clearly you are no Combustion engineer?
I actually know quite a lot about oil burners, i service and repair them but as you quite well know oil and gas are completely different and clearly i know very little about gas. Thats why i stick to oil ;)

Apologies to you Ryan. Now can understand the interest.

Ryan as an oil engineer , surely you understand CO2/CO Ratio?,so you should have been able to appreciate the FGA print 46ppm CO and 0.008 ratio should have put you at ease, and as someone who must use a FGA to set up oil burners, you must have realised that without a temperature read out the FGA cannot calculate flue loss and combustion efficiency?? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back