Baxi Solo 2 50PF wiring fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP, I am pulling my hair out. FAULT, pump running cont. Rental property and new tenant noticed this fault. The control terminal box was piped over by the plumber so box lid I had to break off. Found the orange wire from the Danfoss 3 port valve disconnected and pump connected to mains in. (Y plan). Fitted a new control box and extended wiring to new box. Replaced actuator head and wired in. Pump still running cont but boiler does not fire up. existing wiring on box also had a pump over run wired in.
Only wiring not replaced is the connections to the boiler. I am suspecting that the Y plan wiring and this boiler do not match as from downloaded manual the pump should connect directly to the boiler and I should have a permenant live and a switched live going to the boiler. Does the perm live come from the mains in and where does the switched live come from.
Anyone got a wiring diagram for this boiler and a Y plan. Should the pump overrun be connected in the terminal box or does it get controlled from the boiler. Confused I am. Not a gas man, just a spark trying to make a living.

Sponsored Links
All sorted now, wiring diagram found on trawling the net. Faulty part on boiler was leading me up the garden path.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back