Baxi Solo 2 not firing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no ignition sparks from the electrode. Green lights 'on': boiler, fan & pilot. Overheat & burner 'off' when turn the thermostat contol clockwise. The fan comes on, follow by the pressure switch clicking and the pump running. Changed the motorised valve last week and all was fine until today( was working on hotwater but not heating last week )
I disconnect the lead from the ignition electrode and put closed to earth but no sparks when switch boiler on.
Is there any checks to confirm the Pcb is faulty. Capacitors, dryjoints etc.
Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
simon. if the boiler is working fine for hot water the fault will external. the motorised valve the most likely

Hi Youth, Many thanks for the quick response. I did change the Honeywell M/Valve last week. It was working until yesterday. This morning I switch boiler on and light the pilot on with the gas lighter. The burner immediately came on. So look like the PCB is the main culprit for not getting the ignition on. Will have to shop around for best price in Croydon area. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
And people wonder why the public get hurt and shouldn't mess with gas :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back