Baxi Solo 2 Over heating...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a little bit of advice regarding a boiler overheating problem.

Currently my Baxi Solo boiler will run successfully for about 24 hours before locking out with the overheat light on.

General observations: I have noticed that when the room thermostat is at the correct temperature, the boiler cuts out as normal, however (not every time) when it starts to cool down there seems to be excessive water noise coming from the outlet?! pipe to the boiler, it is at this point the overheat light only comes on.

The usual switch the boiler thermostat off for 10 sec's doesn't reset the lockout. However if I increase the room thermostat so that the pump kicks in the boiler on light comes on and i'm able to reset. The boiler will then work ok for another 24 hours.

The pump has been replaced and the system drained down to replace by a professional (this was done in june as the original pump was not working correctly and caused airlocks within the system) Obviously i've only just started to run the CH more which has seen the problem increase.

Help and Advice gratefully received.

Simon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back