baxi solo 2 pf fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
looked at the boiler and the pump was running but there was no fan light on and no power to it .Overheat stat and room stat ok.Instructions mentioned a check on the pilot solenoid which i tried but when i tried to do a coil resistance check it just read open circuit as did the main gas solenoid.(A more experienced engineer told me this is the case with some valves).
I cleaned the terminals on the pilot solenoid and checked the fan connections and when i turned the boiler back on it worked but when its alight on full there is a an electrical noise like arcing from the boiler.It didnt sound like ignition sparking and the boiler stayed alight and i couldnt place it as it happens too quickly.It may be a fan relay or a chattering solenoid but i could use some advice before i look at it till tommorow

Sponsored Links
As its a gas related fault I suggest that you ask in the Combustion Chamber part of this site where we can give you advice.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back