Baxi solo 2 pf Heating wont work Unless Hot Water is on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can anyone help me please.

The only way i can get the boiler to fire up is by manipulating the thermosat on the hot water tank, this way i get hot radiators, but when its reached the required temp it switches off, normal i know, but the radiators shut off too and the boiler is out.

Ive tried exchanging the pcb, and the room temp thermostat (box on the wall), its still the same.

Has anyone any ideas please :(

Sponsored Links
It's almost certainly not your boiler at fault, but external. Have you a 3 port valve or 2x2 ports?

Thanks for the response, the thermostat on the tank seems to be working ok, it fires up the boiler, but, the heating for the radiators shut down when the demand for the tank is satisfied, are you still saying the thermosat is the problem on the tank>??

Sponsored Links
Hi expertgasman,
the only valve mechanism i can see is a box type thing with feed from the boiler then going two ways, this dosent have levers on it, just a feed in and two pipes out, AB from boiler then the A and B route out.

Its only taking a signal from the Hot water thermostat on the side of the tank, the heating wont work independently from the room thermostat.

sounds like the valves not opening fully to activate the m/switch or the m/switch is faulty.

Hello,

i took the cover off the valve box, and switched the water tank thermostat on and off, it moves ok.

but is it moving fully to the heating position.
check its activating the m/switch.

to Seco Sercvices, thank you!! :D

what was the outcome ?
hummm.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back