Baxi Solo 2 problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

My first post on here, so go easy. I'm not a plumber/gas engineer - but I'm not a muppet either!

We have a Solo 2 80 PF that is having problems. Basically, it won't light unless the front is open slightly, at which point it will then fire up and run normally - so it almost seems like an airflow (or lack of) problem.

The fan sounds like it's running as normal, so I don't think it's that. I have noticed on occasions that the spark igniter keeps sparking after the pilot has lit, which possibly indicates a problem with the flame rectification, but I'm not sure if that would have any bearing on the way it will only run if the front is open slightly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
With the problem being related to combustion (i.e. your removing the case to remedy it) I'd recommend getting a RGI to look at it.

To the experienced engineer, its relatively simple.

I, personally, do not recommend you attempt to fix this problem yourself, as there are some safety checks which will need to be done upon completion, as per GSIUR1998 Regulation 26(9).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back