Baxi Solo 2 starting problem

Sponsored Links
No2 recon PCB fitted, back in service now, big up to Geoff at CET, thanks for all the advice offered, excellent forum with a great knowledge base, and some extremely experienced engineers

Do I take it that the first recon PCB from CET was faulty?

Tony

Sponsored Links
as i understand it the fitting of recon pcbs is illegal, or am i missing something ?

CORGI take the view ( correctly in my view ) that a recon PCB is not approved by the manufacturer and thus does not meet the requirements of the GSUR that all gas fittings must be approved.

Of course a DIYer unfortunately can do what he likes!

There are quite a few of the maintenance firms with housing ass contracts who use recon PCBs to keet their costs down ( and their profits up ). Its a pity that CORGI do not chase them about that.

I came across an Adlink repaired PCB this week which had had the blown tracks replaced with wires but had not had the blown bridge rectifier replaced so it was on permanent heating. So much for any testing!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back