Baxi solo 250 PF fan keeps pulsing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi solo 2 50 pf which has been fine until recently where the fan keeps pulsing on and off!

I turn the heating on water or central heating, the pilot light is on so it is heating, but the fan just goes of and on repeatedly. turning everything off the other day worked for a bit, but it went back to it.

any ideas what could be causing this?

Sponsored Links
Usually th pcb ,quite expensive at around 140 quid so prob better to go for fixed price repair from BG

I would be checking the APS first but thats a job for a gas registered engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As an independent I always check the cheapest and easiest part first as I cannot afford to replace a PCB if thats not the fault.

I do appreciate that BG may well change the PCB first if that is statistically more likely to be the cause. I dont have enough evidence to come to any conclusion as to the most likely. I am minded towards about 50-50.

In any case as the PCB cannot be independely checked on site then one always checks the periferals first.

If the NO contacts on the APS are not making then it will give that effect.

Tony

So are you saying if the fan comes on and the air pressure switch is not making t will cause the fan to cycle. ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back