Central heating not working - Baxi Solo 2 50 PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have Baxi Solo 2 50 PF boiler.

I wanted to test our central heating today to make sure it is working fine for the winters. I switched on the timer (EPS6002) to on position and boiler did not start. None of the lights on the boiler thermostat indicator would turn on (over heat, boiler on, fan on, pilot on, burner on). The water heating on the other hand works perfectly fine. Can you please advise what I can do in this situation?
The boiler was serviced last winters but is not under any contract.

Thank You

Pav

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
look at the 3 port valve first airing cupboard usually ;)

Hi kev

Thanks for your prompt response. I located the a three position diverter valve in the airing cupboard. it is from honeywell. It has one lever in front and is on the left side. What should I do with it.

Regards

Pav

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
well for now shot the lever over and lock it in the slot

this will give you hot water and heating

it needs looking at tho

Hi Kev

Thank you for your inputs. I moved the liver to the right and then moved it to the left again and the CH and WH are both working now.

Thank you for your advice is very much appreciated.

I will get the boiler check and I think it is time to take out the annual contract.

Much appreciated.

Regards

kevplumb said:
no probs fella ;)
Hi Kev

Sorry to bother again.

After adjusting the lever on the diverter valve yesterday today morning when the water heating started the Ch also got switched on and radiators were hot. The CH timer setting was on off, only the HW was on the timer.

Do I need to change the setting again on the valve? Which position should I keep it on?

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back