Baxi Solo 2PF - Pilot light on, but no flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Baxi Solo 2PF is playing up again (replaced PCB 3 months ago).
This time the symptoms are :- The boiler comes on as normal, with the following lights, Boiler On, Fan On, Pilot On, Burner on and all seems well.
Then after 15-20 mins the "Burner on" light and burner goes off, and a faint clicking sound can be heard. The clicking noise I believe is the pilot igniter sparking, and I can see the spark through the small window. The fan is still running. The Pilot on light is still illuminated even though the pilot flame and burner is not.
If i "reset" the boiler all the lights go out and then only the "Boiler On" light comes on.
If I leave the boiler off for 20-30 minutes, then turn it back on - all is well again for a further 15-20 mins... then the burner goes off, and the faint clicking noise returns.
Thanks in anticipation ... regards Keith

Sponsored Links
Then after 15-20 mins the "Burner on" light and burner goes off, and a faint clicking sound can be heard.

Check for 230v on the S/L (switched live) on the boiler when this happens, could be the motorised valve dropping out.

My electrician friend came round and checked your suggestion.
He ended up replacing the "pilot solenoid"......all seems well again !!...thnxs :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back