Baxi Solo 3. What Happens to my Pilot Light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago with the help of this forum, I was able to safely diagnose a fault with my Baxi Solo 3 and employ an RGI to fix the problem. Click here for a link to the original post. Two weeks ago a different problem appeared. Manifest only when the boiler first comes on as follows:

1) Electrode sparks.

2) Pilot lights and then immediately goes out. (it looks almost as if it's been blown out)

3) Process 1 & 2 repeats several times.

4) ‘Burner on’ light illuminates and immediately goes off, accompanied by a click of a solenoid. Burner doesn’t actually light.

5) Steps 1 to 4 repeated continually (on one occasion for 15 minutes.) before main burner eventually lights.

Once the main burner has fired for the first time it will cycle on and off OK as controlled by the boiler thermostat, fires up every time.

Any pointers before I call the RGI back? Could this be related to the previous fault, or is it something completely different?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, this also falls into the categories we dont advise on.

It may well be the PC but before replacing that the electrodes and gas valve need to be checked.

Tony

Try lighting another gas appliance before trying your boiler, it might be a sticking meter governor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back